Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Why Some Nametags Say "Team Member"

Also, why I often refer to the place I work at in the first-person plural -

I was watching the Equestria Girls movie, and there was a bit about school spirit.  I got to thinking a little about this, and as I look back on my own past and think about what that concept means to me, it seems like a pretty great notion.  I was in band, and I played pep band - I LOVED playing pep band.  The songs were fun, and having a reason to get together and play the crap out of your instrument wasn't too bad either.  Maybe you don't have that school spirit?  I can understand that.

People have varied interests, so we see it as kind of normal that people group together(speaking in generalities and opinions here) based on similar interests.  Which is cool and great, until those groups stop collaborating, for whatever reason, which may seem and be completely valid.  So what am I getting at?

I think School Spirit(heck let's throw Team Spirit in here too) can be a great and positive tool in seeing beyond one's own interests or goals, and to use them to help others find theirs.  We are all a part of Team Humanity, and have been attending Universe-ity(see what I did there?), so come on show some School Spirit for Team Earth!  WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TEAM EARTH!!!

Trot On Everypony,
Alturiigo

No comments:

Post a Comment