Wednesday, May 21, 2014

More Thoughts On Seeing Myself

So I've brought up how I'm not sure why I look down on myself or think that others do, and I think I found some more of my thoughts tied to that.  When trying to understand my emotions, I try to consider how and why I see things certain ways.

I've struggled with procrastination and I've always been an odd duck.  I have a good family and extended family, but I can't say that I feel like I fit in all that well.  To be honest, I feel there's some legitimate truth to the sentiment that they generally disregard me as a responsible adult and thus as a mature worth-while person.  While I don't spend time dwelling on that, when I recently addressed how I think my relatives see me, I saw a major facet of my life in which the opinion of me was a pretty low one.

As I struggle to feel okay with myself as a person, I have to figure out why the answer seems so elusive to me.  Clearly I am taking some signs that I shouldn't feel good about who I am or maybe just where I'm at.  Then again, isn't being happy in life what we should be working towards?  I'd like to believe life isn't really about money or status, yet they seem like our most common measurements of worth.

Trot On Everypony,
Alturiigo

No comments:

Post a Comment