Monday, November 4, 2013

Thoughts on the Day

As I sit here and listen to Ein Astronaut on YouTube, I've been thinking on the day I had.  It had much suck, but it also showed that life has seems to have a karmic ebb and flow to it.  I'll elaborate, since you should have more context(I'll add that karma isn't really part of my faith, more like the name for a concept.  So as far as my view on its legitimacy... I don't know what to tell you).

My sister and brother-in-law moved into the area, which was swell - except that in doing so I lost my room, and through simply unfortunate events, his move also forced me to transfer work locations.  So yeah, what was something to be happy about brought about a lot of suck, but such is the way of things.

Since moving to this area, my social circle doesn't extend very far out of my coworkers(which I now don't work with), so in some ways I lost contact with many of my established social connections.  Getting transferred to a new store means I have to learn to work with a whole new group of people, and they will be learning me and feeling me out, deciding whether or not they like working with me.  Either way, I try to be helpful since I often think about how nice it is when someone helps me, so I've stayed later for people, and picked up shifts.

The early part of my day was just suck.  I got to work, and found out that instead of be the 2 I was the 3, and I couldn't work all night - because my hours were nearly to overtime, since I had stayed late so often and picked up so many shifts.  Because I had been so willing to help, my work load was lessened and I got to go home earlier than I would have.  Also, for whatever rhyme or reason, most of my coworkers seem to find me to be likable, if not funny, and surprisingly not horrible at singing.  What's my point?  I dunno, just I guess maybe that like the weather, our lives are beautifully intricate systems continuously shifting and shaping themselves, from floods to droughts, storms to sprinkles.

Trot On Everypony,
Alturiigo

No comments:

Post a Comment