Sunday, April 13, 2014

How We See Ourselves

Life can be a bit of a struggle sometimes, about how we see ourselves against how we see ourselves through others.  I consider this a tempering factor mostly, from the idea that I am inherently biased towards myself.  What I'd like to look at and talk about briefly though is understanding yourself complexly and even non-negative social assignments can be... troubling.

I have always found EVERYTHING to be fascinating.  They way the world is, and expresses itself, it's just... wow.  I have also always enjoyed learning new things, and took to science and other academics quite naturally.  This soon became a dominant facet of how I saw myself, and how I saw myself through others.  I didn't take art classes because I wasn't artsy.  I didn't take choir or try out for a play because I was socially awkward and anxious.  Through out growing up, it seemed a natural assumption that I would grow up to go to college and become a scientist, or a computer engineer, or doctor, or bartender... wait, what?!

Yeah.  It always seemed like my oddball dream, but since I was even 11 or 12, I remember wanting to be a bartender.  Which has always seemed kinda odd, since I've thought for most of my life that I'm not a people person.  When I finally started to look at myself more complexly, sometime shortly after graduating high school, I found many new interests I didn't expect myself to have.  I love fashion design, I draw and doodle a lot, I spend a lot of time singing to myself(whether I'm alone or not), and I'm not actually a total awkward doof.

Don't be afraid to explore yourself, you'll probably be surprised how complex you are.

Trot On Everypony,
Alturiigo

No comments:

Post a Comment