Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Progression Over Time

Growing up, I've always been a bit of a nerd, and have found myself fascinated with science and learning.  It's amazing to find out new things about the complex and wondrous world we live in.  Since science seemed like my jam, I never really took to art classes too much going through the education system.  So when I started having ideas for characters and stories, I found myself wishing I could draw.

I suppose I didn't let that stop me though, I just drew... not so good of pictures.  I kept going though, starting with giving my stick figures hair, then hands(ish), and feet(again, ish).  When I started to play Dungeons and Dragons, I found myself wanting to draw my characters.  So instead of stick figures, they started to resemble block figures, and in trying to decide what kind of clothes to draw them in, I ended up discovering an interest in fashion design.

Nowadays, people will sometimes look at something I've drawn and comment the likes of "I wish I could draw", as though what I drew was of some merit.  It's getting harder to argue that I'm bad at drawing anymore, because when I look at something I doodled up even a year or two ago, and compare it to something more recent, I can see the drastic difference.  There was no point where suddenly I could draw, and I still don't think I can draw all that well.  I just keep doing it anyways.



Alturiigo

No comments:

Post a Comment