Thursday, July 11, 2013

Self Discovery Through Expression

I remember when I was younger, thinking about how I hoped to be able to see things as I got older.  At this time, I also recognized that I would have to live to that point to be the person I would be, and thus see how I would see.  This is an important realization I had sometime in high school, that I could not analyze or study and learn how to be who I would be, or even how to be an adult, without having human experience to shape and define it.

This thought came about a couple minutes ago as I frustratedly close the video editing software which was failing to cooperate.  I had been working on something of a blooper reel... slash moments I really enjoy, from my videos.  It would not let me.  I guess the opening could also be viewed as me trying to condone the act of spending so much time editing video of myself because it actually entertains me when the bits of it come together.  Through all of the editing I've done so far, it's been really interesting watching myself from the third-person.  I've learned a lot about little ticks and such that I have/do, and it's interesting to hear my voice and the various tones and inflections I use.

The moral of all this is that somethings can only be fully learned through doing, or expressing.  It would be like saying the only way to have a full understanding of something is to experience it, though admittedly that statement sounds too... rigid, and lacking.  Observation and analysis are spectacular tools, and thought is also powerful;  I urge not to forget the experience as another viewpoint or position.

Anyways(secret lolz), Trot On Everypony
-Alutriigo

No comments:

Post a Comment