Monday, July 22, 2013

Timing is Everything

I'm not a fan of statements about absolutes.  I generally am behind this statement though, I just like to keep a broader scope, like I do for most things.

In a video I did yesterday, I talked about winning or earning another's affection, and how it's something I've generally moved away from.  That's not to say I think it's bad or something I wouldn't do, but another important thing to think about in life is where you are at in your life.  I feel confident when I say that at this point in my life, I don't believe I would function properly in a relationship.  Doing what you want to do, and doing what you think is best for yourself can be important to think about, but you should also think about your external impact.

I also have a tendency to look back and look at my life as a stream of missed opportunities, but I usually stop looking at it that way minutes later when I remember that I made the choices in my life, and I was obviously guided by my own intent(that's what's great about choice and will).  It can be a vicious feeling to accept the weight of your own life though too.  So I'm gonna move on.

Remember that every moment in life is an opportunity to be you, and the timing of now is the realest of timings.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Adam,

    I watched your Youtube video, and I think you hit the nail on the head. Ultimately, it's important to build relationships by focusing on being yourself, rather than by acting out of character in order to try to "win" someone.

    It took me quite a while to realize this, but since I did, dating has been a lot more enjoyable and being single has been a lot less stressful. Once you understand that it's best to find people who like you just for being you, everything seems to fall into place.

    That's not to say I'm never disappointed when things don't work out, or that I never go the extra mile to make someone else happy. It's more about knowing what I have to give, and accepting that it's not the end of the world if someone doesn't like what I have to offer.

    I like you way you edit the vids, by the way. The ideas flow well. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete