Monday, June 3, 2013

A New Character

The character I'll be creating as/to write this is Leah Moruul, sister to Lynn Moruul.  But first, I'd like to start with a brief explanation for context.

Lynn Moruul has existed in my head canon as a good evil character for a few years now, and often casts as the skilled assassin in game settings.  In Rock Band, she was the bassist.  I started a second version of the band Love Robot(originally my lil sister and I with my brother-in-law), but with my cousin and friend.  Lynn was still in the band, but now her sister Leah played lead guitar.  And that was the birth of Leah Moruul.

I dabbled once with the character, supposing that in the Visceroth Cluster setting she might be a nanite user(tech-magic).  I'm not sure really though where to go with her.  So maybe I should think about who she is as a character.
Okay. Her older sister is a well-renowned assassin(as much as an assassin can be).  Looking up Lynn's info, I can see they grew up on Selenar, living in the capital city of Ankus.  It also tells me that Lynn is skilled at espionage and infiltration.  Let's suppose that Leah wanted to do her own thing.

Alright, when Leah was 17-19(I'll decide later), she boarded a ship and made her way to Baila, the jungle planet known for its excellent medical schools and hospitals, also home to the Narina species.  Nanite technology requires expensive cybernetics.  As a field medic in a government position such as a Defense Force Soldier or EMT would have more direct access to financial support.  I like EMT's, I think they do great things, so I'm going to develop her with that in mind as her trade as I progress her through her personal timeline.

Such a field requires various skills, from medical knowledge to being adaptable in stressful situations.  A good sense of perception is required to assess situations, and hey as it turns out, Perception is a Primary Attribute for Nanite-Users.  Anyhoo.  More thoughts about who she is and might be come up.  She's probably good in clutch situations(yes d10 has a Talent for that).

Is she tough and hardy, or nimble and quick?  Maybe neither?  Maybe she really is the "little" sister, and her intelligence and perception have been the basis of her success.  I like that.  Maybe she's a bit of an organizer, and in that way a strategist as well.  That would mean she could potentially have a leadership role of some level.

Alright, I'll cut it and sum it up here.  Leah Moruul is in her mid-to-late 20's, a petite woman who is a senior EMT for Miamar City(the capital city).  She is a generally friendly person who enjoys working with people, to the contrast of her older sister Lynn.  She first started as an EMT when she was 19, after she had moved to the city of Chioth on Baila.  Since then she has made a name for herself and established a solid reputation in her field as someone who works well in high-stress situations.  Even when training and going through schooling she excelled, demonstrating her academic prowess.  She continues to love learning, as well as reading, and often reads old Narina tales.

Maybe next for is an aesthetic draft, but I'm spent for now.

Peace peace,
Alturiigo

No comments:

Post a Comment