Saturday, June 29, 2013

Not Sure I Care To Title This

In all the mixy-moshy pamtan of thoughts I have, interesting ones emerge from time to time.  I like interesting, because it's... broad.  Something can be interestingly bad, or interestingly different.  "Interesting" I suppose is more like a description of the noun's relationship to the perspective.  Anyways that wasn't what I was getting at.

"Why it sucks to be a white male" seems like an Onion article, or something of the like.  Colbert did it in an article for... I don't remember.  It sounds like the beginning of a joke, mostly because it is.  But why can it only be a joke?  As I think about it, I don't exactly enjoy being villain-ized for my race and gender.  To which one would say "Doesn't feel good, does it?"  I never said it did.  I didn't oppress anyone, I'm not out there harassing people.  I get sexually harassed, but it's supposed to be okay because I'm a guy?  Oh and here's a more fun thought before this spirals.  White guys are the bad guy like a huge amount of the time in stories and history.  No one else likes to be judged for the actions of a few bad people who share basic human characteristics with you, I don't either.  I guess I'm just trying to say that if you assume someone is sexist or racist, you're perpetuating hate too.

But back to happy thoughts of ponies in fields, or whatever. That was just a mini-rant not really worth having that I needed to get out of my system.

Trot On,
Alturiigo

No comments:

Post a Comment